Learning & Development
The college recognises that staff are its most important asset and is committed to investing in them through a continuous process of training and development.
The training and development offer will support and embed the college’s vision, mission and core values, promoting an effective and informative teaching, learning and assessment process to support and benefit students.
- The college makes a significant investment in managers at every level of the organisation. Senior Managers engage in regular management development workshops, and Curriculum Leaders and Support Managers participate in a comprehensive management and leadership programme
- Individual’s training and development needs are identified annually through various practices including the performance appraisal scheme and lesson observation process
- All new staff attend an in-house induction programme devised to enable staff to become familiar with and acquire a working knowledge of their new college role and the ethos of the college.
Training, Learning & Assessment
We are committed to investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities which support and develop our staff to achieve our strategic goals.
We provide training and development, through formal programmes and events including whole College Development Days and Teaching and Learning afternoons, which are adapted and prioritised to ensure effective delivery to meet strategic priorities.
We provide informal coaching and support to nurture individual talent and enable staff to develop with the support of a dedicated team of Advanced Teaching Practitioners who share and develop best practice and support innovation and experiment.
- We make a significant investment in our managers at every level of the organisation. Senior Managers engage in regular management development workshops, Curriculum Leaders and Support Managers participate in a comprehensive management and leadership programme
- Individual staff needs and aspirations are identified through appraisal and are integrated into team training plans
- Unqualified teachers receive support to achieve appropriate teaching qualifications, are assigned to experienced mentors and supported through statutory induction to achieve QTS status
- All new staff attend an in-house induction programme which provides essential information about the College, working safely and Seevic expectations. Occasional and remote workers complete some of this online.