Why Study Psychology A-Level?
Ever wondered what makes people tick or behave the way they do? If you've answered yes then Psychology could be a great A-Level for you to study!
Psychology is all about the scientific study of the mind and human behaviour, from the formation of memories through to the functioning of the central and peripheral nervous system, neurotransmitters and hormones.
As part of this two-year A-Level course you will learn about:
- The formation of memories
- Social influence, attachment and memory
- Approaches in Psychology, Biopsychology, Psychopathology and research methods
- The impact of childhood experience on behaviour
- Issues and debates, gender, eating behaviour and aggression
- The causes and treatments of psychological disorders, such as Depression and OCD.
What career could I do if I studied Psychology?
Psychology is great for any job that requires a lot of interaction or an understanding of human behaviour and development.
Students who have skills in Psychology are very sought after in business, management, teaching, research, social work and careers in medicine and healthcare.
Jobs can include:
- Clinical Psychologist: Average UK salary £32,000 to £58,000
- Forensic Psychologist: Average UK salary £30,000 to £45,000
- Sport and Exercise Psychologist: Average UK salary £22,000 to £37,000.
What other subjects should I study with Psychology?
Psychology is a very popular A-Level that compliments well with others such as:
Why should I study at Seevic?
We have years of experience in delivering A-Levels, 46 in fact, and all of our Psychology teachers are degree qualified subject specialists with many years of experience teaching A-Level Psychology courses.
You will also benefit from a range of external speakers, including those in the field of Forensic Psychology, and have the opportunity to get work experience whilst at the college.
Last year our Psychology A-Level students got a pass rate of 98.6%, well above the national average!
Find out more and apply online
Discover more about our Psychology A-Level and our wide range of A-Level courses. You can also apply online.
Got a question?
Feel free to email us if there is anything else you'd like to know.