Why Study English Literature A-Level?
Do you enjoy reading and have a love of writing? If you've answered yes then English Literature could be a great A-Level for you to study!
It will encourage you to develop your interest in, and enjoyment of, literary study through reading widely and critically.
This two-year course covers:
- 'Modern Literature from 1945 to Present Day’
- The comparison of two literary texts
- ‘Love Through The Ages’, comprising Shakespeare’s Othello, a selection of pre-1900 poems, and The Great Gatsby.
What career could I do if I studied English Literature?
An English Literature A-Level is a great option if you are looking for a job that involves communication, writing and/or literary knowledge. For example in areas such as Administration, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Publishing or Teaching.
Jobs can include:
- Magazine journalist: Average UK salary £18,000 to £40,000+
- Marketing Executive: Average UK salary £18,000 to £35,000
- Advertising Copywriter: Average UK salary £20,500 to £80,000.
What other subjects should I study with English Literature?
English pretty much goes well with everything, however, it is particularly helpful to study alongside the following subjects:
Why should I study at Seevic?
We have years of experience in delivering A-Levels, 46 in fact, and all of our English teachers are passionate about their course and have many years of experience.
You will also benefit from a wide range of theatre, museum and cultural enrichment trips throughout the year.
Most importantly, last year our English Literature A-Level students had a pass rate of 100%.
Find out more and apply online
Discover more about our English Literature A-Level and our wide range of A-Level courses. You can also apply online.
Got a question?
Feel free to email us if there is anything else you'd like to know.