Finance Office Manager
Location: Cross Campus (Benfleet and Grays)
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
£31,723 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the post of Finance Office Manager.
The College is going through a period of accelerated change and this new post, will be a critical part of the Finance team. We are looking for a candidate with a successful background in finance to oversee the day to day financial operations at the college. The successful candidate will serve as the primary point and will support statutory financial reporting and associated audit activities. The individual will develop other team members and influence a broad array of stakeholders to achieve the positions goals. You will have the necessary experience and skills to successfully develop and manage multiple projects, with multiple deadlines and objectives. The post requires someone with excellent communication skills, the ability to build effective working relationships and be innovative in approach.
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Payroll, the post holder will take a lead role in supporting the implementation key financial systems. Working closely with the team to achieve both short and long term goals and objectives of the department, recognizing and identifying issues and problems and recommending and implementing solutions.
The post requires someone who is intelligent, forward thinking and resourceful. You must have excellent organisational, planning and time management skills, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team with an enthusiastic approach is essential. You will have a drive for success and want to work in a fast-paced, stimulating, and results-driven organisation.
The successful candidate will be AAT qualified or equivalent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Will have a comprehensive understanding of financial regulations.
- Will have substantial experience of working at a management level.
- Will have proven record of successfully multitasking and coping with changes in workload day to day.
- Will have current experience of holding the post of Finance Manager or similar role.
- Have considerable leadership capabilities and the ability to lead and develop staff in an era of change.
- Have experience of successfully producing financial and accounting reports.
- Have experience chairing or lead participant of meetings, team briefings, network groups and partnerships.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate all financial and administrative policies and procedures to staff, resolving and answering all accounting and administrative questions.
- Have the ability to provide regular, accurate and meaningful financial reports to directors; and company accountants and auditors as required and ensuring any financial or administrative issues are reported to the directors in a timely manner.
In return we offer:
A real opportunity to make a contribution to your local community.
A generous pension scheme, holiday entitlement where the role requires it, child care voucher scheme. Cycle to work scheme, Paid time off for community activities and well-being initiatives.
Ideally your experience will be gained substantially through the education sector however the College welcomes applications from candidates with clear transferable skills and experience from outside the sector.
To apply online please click here
The closing date for the above post is 23 February 2018
Unfortunately, we are not able to give feedback to un-shortlisted applicants. If you are successful, we will contact you by email or phone.
Seevic College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. All appointments are based solely on the merit and abilities of each applicant regardless of age, gender, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or disability. The welfare of our students and staff is paramount. We are committed to safeguarding (including the prevention of radicalisation). The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a commitment and knowledge in these areas and will be required to undertake appropriate checks as part of the recruitment process including DBS and referencing, as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.