Level 4/5, HNC/HND
Duration: 2 years (1 year HNC & 1 year HND)
Days & Times: 3 days per week (Full-Time)
Start Date: September
Fee: £4,700 per year
This course is suitable for students seeking a career in the uniformed services, such as the Police Force, Armed Forces or Fire and Ambulance services.
This course would also be suitable for adults students seeking a career change in readiness to work in a uniformed service.
- Providing education and training for a range of careers in public services
- Providing opportunities for public service employees to achieve a nationally recognised level 4 or 5 vocationally-specific qualification
- Providing opportunities for full-time learners to gain a nationally recognised, vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in public services or progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as a full-time degree in Criminology or related area
- Developing the knowledge, understanding and skills of learners in the field of public services
- Providing opportunities for learners to focus on the development of higher-level skills in a public services context
- Providing opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
- Small-scale Research Projects in Public Services
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Fair Treatment in Public Services
- Psychology of Human and Criminal Behaviour
- Managing Stress in Public Services
- Justice and Punishment
- Personal Outdoor Skills
- Custodial Care in England and Wales.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
Students will be assessed using a range of summative assessment methods such as; written reports, presentations, vivas, practical assessment & and multiple choice and written exams.
Students will be assessed in line with Pearson L4 guidelines and could achieve Pass, Merit & Distinction grades in the assessments.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
There will be the opportunity to attend criminology conference, complete an outdoor education unit, including an expedition.
What Could I Do Next?
Successful competition of this course will allow progression into or within employment in the public services sector, either directly on achievement of the award or following further study to degree level.
General Entry Requirements
Four GSCE grades at Grade C or above, and Grade C in English and Maths.
Specific Entry Requirements
UCAS Tariff Points
GCE A Levels
96 UCAS tariff points, to include one GCE A Level grade C or above
BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma
BTEC Level 3 Diploma
There will be a personal outdoor skills unit that will involve planning and participation in a small-scale expedition. This will cost approximately £300.