Creative Digital Media
Level 4/5, HNC/HND
Duration: 2 years (1 year HNC & 1 year HND)
Days & Times: 3 days per week (Full-Time)
Start Date: September
Fee: £4,700 per year
This course is designed for students who want to pursue a career in creative digital industries and develop a strong grounding in digital media production with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
You will develop skills in visual design, games design, video production, animation, creative thinking, interface design and product development – as well as computing, digital technologies and programming.
- Visual Communication
- Ideas Generation
- Contextual and Cultural Referencing
- Professional Practice
- Digital Media
- Animation Techniques for Interactivity
- Interactive Media Principles
- 3D Computer Modelling and Animation
- Interactive Media Technology
- 2D, 3D and Time-Based Digital Applications
- New Technologies in Digital Media.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
All assessment is through coursework that is submitted at specific points throughout the programme.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Trips and visits are a regular part of the course - for visual research, contextual or industry research
- You will have your own personal tutor who will guide you through the learning experience to satisfactory completion and progression
- A considerable part of this course will involve completing work for live briefs, real clients and design companies.
What Could I Do Next?
- The first year of the course will enable you gain a level 4 HNC, and then progress onto Y2 to achieve a full HND
- Having completed the HND you can progress to relevant employment in the growing Creative Digital Media industry or to a third or second year of a BA (hons) in a relevant subject.
Specific Entry Requirements
You will need to have achieved one of the following:
- Foundation Diploma in a relevant subject
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in a relevant subject
- A-Level at Grade C or above in a creative subject.
You will also be required to present a portfolio of artwork to demonstrate your commitment and suitability for our course.
In order to progress to the second year HND, you will need to successfully complete the HNC in the first year.
You will be expected to supply your own basic art kit, and supply resources to develop your own portfolio.
You will be required to attend two educational visits throughout the year.
This Higher Education course is eligible for Student Finance. Contact our Student Advice Team for more information about Student Finance, including how and when to apply. Ring 01268 882 666 or email email@example.com.