Art & Design
Level 3/4, Foundation Diploma
Duration: One Year Course
Days & Times: 3 days per week
Start Date: September
Fee: 16-18: Free. 19 and over: £2,200.
A creative and intensive post A-Level course, our Foundation Diploma is perfect if you plan to pursue a career in the creative industries.
The Foundation Diploma in Art & Design will see you build a dynamic, original and exciting portfolio.
This course will maximise your chances of progressing to a relevant degree course, specialist Art College or employment in a creative setting and is accredited by University Arts London.
This course is free for learners aged 16-18. If you are aged 19 or over on 1 September in the academic year during which you wish to start the course, the fee is £2,200 (you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan).
You will work across creative workshops before focusing on specialist pathways, such as:
- Fine Art and Visual Arts
- Lens-based & Digital Media
- Graphical Communication
- 3D Design & Architecture.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
Throughout your year at college, you will complete a range of projects designed to increase your skills and knowledge in the creative industries. Each will be assessed regularly alongside your tutors to ensure that you are on the right track to succeed.
In part one you will explore a variety of Art & Design disciplines, specialising in part two and realising your own creative project in part three. Formal assessment takes place at the end of each part.
What Could I Do Next?
Following successful completion of our Foundation Diploma, you will have the option to:
- Progress to a related degree course at university
- Progress to a related course at a specialist Art College or
- Enter employment in the creative industries.
Former students have gone on to study at prestigious Art & Design universities, including Central Saint Martins (UAL), Winchester School of Art and Falmouth University.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Level 3 qualification in an Art, Design or Creative Media subject
- You will be required to present a portfolio of artwork as part of the interview process.
- You are encouraged to build your own kit/tool box in a specialist area
- Trips and visits are competitively priced.