Health, Social Care & Early Years
Level 1, BTEC Vocational Studies
Duration: One Year Course
This course will give you a taste of what health, social care and early years is all about, helping you to make an informed choice about working in these rewarding sectors.
You will develop practical skills in caring, effective methods of communication, how to meet individual needs and how to promote the rights of service users.
We will encourage you to take responsibility for your own learning. This will help prepare you for further study or for progression to direct employment in the health, social care or early years environment.
- Self Assessment
- Career Progression.
- Introduction to Healthy Eating
- Creative and leisure activities
- Children’s learning through everyday experiences
- Communication with adults and children in H&SC
- Planning for the physical and emotional care needs of children.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
Assignment work is completed using a range of formats, including: posters, leaflets, fact sheets, games and presentations. Some learning takes place outside the classroom, with trips to settings or discussions with visiting guest speakers.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Opportunity to develop employability skills by completing or a one week residential or work experience in a Health, Social Care or Early Years setting
- Trips/visits to complement the learning on your course
- Course Tutors have a wealth of experience from working and studying in the Health & Social Care field, including: Nursing, Public Health, Childcare, Residential Care and Physiotherapy.
- Guest talks from a range of health, social care and early years practitioners – guest speakers have included: Nurses, Paramedics, Care Workers, Dieticians, Social Workers and nursery workers.
What Could I Do Next?
Many of our students progress on to a Level 2 course such as the BTEC Extended Certificate, alternatively you can progress to work based training such as a pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship or employment.
General Entry Requirements
Grade E/2 or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
- You may undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check – this is currently £62, but may be subject to change
- Material costs
- Trips/visits – these should not exceed £50 in any one year.