Media Production & Technology
Level 2, UAL Diploma
Duration: One Year Course
This course will provide you with an introduction to both the creative and technical aspects of creative media production. It will also encourage personal development enabling you to acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress to further education and employment within the creative industries.
To be successful on this course you will need to have an interest in the theoretical, practical, creative and technical aspects of digital media. During the course you will gain a broad understanding of the following:
- Moving Image
- Audio Production
- Games Design
- Graphic Design
- Research, Planning and Pitching.
- Understanding an audience in creative media production
- Contextual research for creative media production
- Exploring audio production and technology
- Exploring visual production and technology
- Exploring interactive media production and technology
Core Final Project:
- Personal project and presentation in creative media production
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will study a range of units, including: games development, video and audio production, graphic design and how the creative media industry operates. The course has both practical and written elements. The majority of units are assessed through internally set assignments, though the personal project which enables students to combine all the elements they have learnt into one final piece of work, will be externally assessed.
What Could I Do Next?
- Progression onto the Level 3 Creative Media Development course at Seevic College
- Work in areas such as VFX, games and web development.
General Entry Requirements
At least four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English Language or Maths. At least one GCSE needs to be at grade C/4 or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade D/3 or above in GCSE Maths
- Grade D/3 or above in GCSE English Language.
You also need to show a portfolio or examples of your media work and engagement with media work.
- Computer and internet access is strongly recommended
- USB stick.