Level 3, A-Level
Duration: Two Year Course
A-Level Dance is the ideal subject choice if you have a strong practical background in Dance and want to find out more about the theory behind it.
On this two-year course you will create imaginative performances, interpret dance ideas through solo or group work, and develop your expressive skills.
You will also attend at least two trips to Sadler’s Wells Theatre in London to watch live work in performance at the world's number one venue dedicated to international dance.
- Understanding Dance (Year One and Year Two)
- Solo choreography and performance (Year One and Year Two)
- Dance appreciation, content and context (Year Two)
- Group choreography and solo performance (Year Two).
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will take practical Dance technique classes and have workshop-based choreography sessions where you can experiment, develop and evaluate your own work. You will also take part in theory based lectures which will focus on anatomy and physiology, the study of choreographical forms and dance analysis.
What Could I Do Next?
This course can lead to a range of Higher Education dance performance or teaching Degree courses. It is also ideal for progression to vocational full-time dance training at accredited schools.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Preferred grade C/4 or above in GCSE Dance, plus a successful audition and interview
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language
- Experience in Dance is desirable.