Level 2, BTEC Diploma
Duration: One Year Course
Would you like to work in areas like the Armed Forces, Police Service, Ambulance Services, Fire Services, Prison & Security Services or Voluntary Organisations?
This course is ideal if you want to learn the skills and knowledge needed to understand employment within the public services industry. You will need to have a strong interest in a variety of services.
You will study a number of areas, broken down into core and specialist modules.
- Public Service Skills
- Career Planning
- Improving Health and Fitness
- Sport and Recreation
- Attending Emergency Incidents
- Adventurous Activities
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
- Practical Assessments
- Theoretical Assessments, including assignments & presentations
Lessons will be on and off site with both theoretical and practical elements. All units are assessed through internally set assignments.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Relevant trips and visits are an integral and exciting part of this course
- Seevic College has strong links to employers within the public services.
What Could I Do Next?
You could progress on to the Public Services Level 3 Extended Diploma course at Seevic College. If you're aged 18 or over, you might also consider seeking employment in areas like:
- The Armed Forces
- Police Service
- Ambulance Services
- Fire Services
- Prison & Security Services
- A wide range of Voluntary Organisations.
General Entry Requirements
At least four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English Language or Maths. At least one GCSE needs to be at grade C/4 or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade D/3 or above in GCSE English Language.
- Practical kit
- Course text book
- Compulsory trips and visits
- Weekly 'smart attire' day.