Level 2, BTEC First Extended Certificate
Duration: One Year Course
This course is your first stepping stone towards a career within sport and leisure.
It will provide you with an overview of the main concepts within Sport. You will gain knowledge of the anatomy of the human body and how it relates to sport, as well as more practical aspects including: Fitness and Training Testing and Leading Sports Activities
You will also be able to develop a range of study skills including communication, English, Maths and presentations skills.
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise (exam)
- Practical Sports Performance
- Anatomy and Physiology (exam).
- Leading Sports Activities
- Profiling Sports Performance
- The Mind and Sport Performance
Units are subject to change.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will be taught both in the classroom and in the College’s practical facilities, in order to develop your theoretical knowledge and to learn how you can apply the theory to Sport. You will be assessed in a variety of ways, including: assignment work, exams and formal observations. You will also complete some valuable work experience as part of your course.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
You will have the opportunity to become a full-time student athlete, combining your vocational studies with training as part of the Seevic Storm competitive sports programme. As one of the most successful college sports programmes in the country, we enjoy a strong tradition of competing in the best competitions and leagues, and can boast an impressive array of both team and individual national champions.
The expertise of our staff also gives our student athletes excellent sports science support, which includes:
- Strength & Conditioning Programmes
- Fitness Testing Specialists
- Sports Nutrition Support.
Seevic Storm includes: Rugby, Football, Netball, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, Badminton, Tennis, Table Tennis, Trampoline, Golf, Swimming and Athletics.
What Could I Do Next?
- You could progress on to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science or Sport Development, Coaching and Fitness.
- Alternatively you could progress to an Apprenticeship or gain employment within the Sports and Leisure industry.
Former Student Success
- Former Level 2 Sport student Luke Beard went on to gain a distinction profile on the BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports Science. He is now studying at the University of Hertfordshire.
General Entry Requirements
At least four GCSEs at Grade C/4 or D/3 (with at least one Grade C/4) English or Maths must be at a Grade D/3.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade D or above in a related GCSE. Grade D/3 or above in GCSE English Language, Maths and/or Science would also be an advantage.
- Purchase of textbook to support learning on the course.