Childcare & Education
Level 3, CACHE Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
Designed for learners who want to work in Early Years, our course will develop your understanding of childcare and education in this sector.
Throughout the course, you will cover a range of units relating to childcare as well as take part in work experience in a variety of childcare settings.
On successful completion of the course, you could progress to Higher Education, or move into employment in a variety of supervised job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors.
- Child Development from Conception to 7-years
- Children's Health and Wellbeing
- Providing Safe Environments for Children
- Child Health
- Play and Learning
- Children's Additional Needs
- Observation, Assessment and Planning
- A competence-based Professional Practice Portfolio, covering the above area.
- Year 1 - students complete an externally marked 5,000 word assignment that covers all modules taught during the first year.
- Year 2 - students complete an additional externally marked 5,000 word assignment, this covers all modules of the Diploma content.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
The majority of units are assessed through assignments. All courses are both theoretically and practically taught. Classroom time typically equates to three full days per week, whilst placement may be one or two days per week. This enables application of knowledge gained through the theoretical lessons to a real life working environment.
We try to create work-typical environments within the classrooms. This includes a new outdoor play area we have set up that enables us to re-create ‘real-life’ scenarios for the students to learn from practically.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Trips including Christmas Pantomime, Chessington World of Adventures and The Education Show.
- Well-established links with placement settings in Hockley, Rochford, Wickford, Hullbridge, Rayleigh, Basildon, Southend, Canvey Island, and Benfleet. We also coordinate with local charities.
- Many of our Tutors have decades of Early Years teaching experience. All have experience of working within Childcare settings and some have run their own settings.
What Could I Do Next?
- Learners can progress into a variety of supervised job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors. Roles including a practitioner in a day nursery, home-based childcare, or a pre-school worker.
- You could also progress to a Higher Education course Seevic College or work in areas such as: Teaching, Nursery Assistant and Nursery Supervisor.
- You could also attend university to study subjects like: Primary Education, Education Studies or a Foundation degree in Early Years.
General Entry Requirements
Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If you achieve English at a grade C/4, your Maths grade must be a D/3 and vice versa.
Students will be accepted with Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) at Merit Level and English Language or Maths at Level C/4.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade C/4 or above in English Language. Grade D/3 or above in maths. You will also require a satisfactory DBS check.
- Placement T-shirt (optional) £10
- DBS application
- Travel costs to and from placement
- Costs of trips and events.