Level 3, UAL Extended Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
Are you interested in design? This course explores a range of creative aspects found within the design industry including Graphics, Illustration, Textile and Fashion, Surface pattern and Interior design.
The course has an embedded program of live projects so that you can gain work experience alongside your time in the classroom.
You will develop your creative and technical skills, enabling you to produce a varied and sophisticated portfolio of work.
If you are looking to progress to a rewarding career within design, this course is for you.
Specialist projects include:
- Graphic Design and Illustration
- Display & Visual Merchandising Live Group Projects
- Branding, Marketing & Promotion
- Interior Design & Fashion.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will complete a broad range of design principles throughout the two years; producing work that will give you the opportunity to improve your drawing skills, develop your use of appropriate materials, techniques and processes.
The type of design produced may be any of the following: Typographical or illustrative posters (digitally produced, printed or produced by hand), packaging, book cover design, magazine spreads, corporate identities/logo design, brochure design, photography, advertising, type design, animation drawings and textiles fashion and fashion marketing.
All coursework will contribute to your final grade. Because you will be required to meet tight deadlines, a professional work ethic is encouraged and expected throughout the course. The work you will produce reflects the range of career paths available within the design industries, helping you to choose the right specialist path when you reach the end of your course and are applying for further study. Work based learning and live briefs form an integral part of this course.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Links to industry are top on our agenda with a range of opportunities to work with outside clients by becoming a member of the Live Creative College Company
- You will take part in trips and visits during each project including visits to design studios.
What Could I Do Next?
- You could progress to the Art Foundation Diploma or HND at Seevic College, or continue to university to study a range of design related qualifications.
- You could also progress directly to employment, in areas such as: Graphics, Advertising, Editorial, Fashion, Textiles, Publishing or Print. Future careers in design include Graphic Designer, Interior Design, Illustration, Visual Merchandising, Set Design and Fashion Promotion amongst many other routes.
General Entry Requirements
Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If you achieve English at a grade C/4, your Maths grade must be a D/3 and vice versa.
Students will be accepted with Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) at Merit Level and English Language or Maths at Level C/4.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade C/4 or above in an Art, Design or Media based GCSE is preferred. Students will be required to present a portfolio or sketchbook of art work as part of the interview process to demonstrate commitment and potential.
- Equipment costs including, sketchbooks, USB and a basic art kit
- This subject will include printing costs