Level 3, UAL Extended Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
This course offers you a challenging and stimulating introduction to the expanding field of media.
During the course you will meet media professionals, work on client-prepared briefs and visit working media studios. You will develop the vital skills needed to work in a range of media related areas, including:
- Preproduction techniques
- Communication skills
- Research techniques
- Creative media production management
- Working to a brief
- Critical approaches
- Understanding the media industry.
- Film and editing techniques
- Single camera techniques
- Music video production
- Page layout and design
- Animation production.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will complete group and individual practical projects, individual essays or reports, as well as personal reflective records. You will also develop your skills and understanding of media practices outside of lesson time in private study.
Your units will have both elements of both theory and practical, which are assessed internally and are subject to external verification. You will complete an industry-standard project at the end of your course, demonstrating the knowledge you have gained throughout the two years.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
During the course you will have the opportunity to
- Meet media professionals
- Work to client-prepared briefs
- Visit working studios (where possible and relevant to the units studied).
What Could I Do Next?
The creative industry is one of the UK’s most successful business sectors. You could progress to study a relevant degree at university, find employment, or start an Apprenticeship in the industry.
- You could work in areas such as: Media Production, Marketing and PR
- Degree subjects at university include: Television or Radio Broadcasting, Animation, Advertising.
General Entry Requirements
Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If you achieve English at a grade C/4, your Maths grade must be a D/3 and vice versa.
Students will be accepted with Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) at Merit Level and English Language or Maths at Level C/4.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language.
- USB drives
- Digital camera and/or Smartphone
- Blank CDs and DVD-Rs
- Stationery materials: pens, paper, erasers, coloured pencils, glue, scissors