Level 3, A Level
Duration: Two Year Course
An A-Level in Graphic Design will see you develop the skills used to create exciting branding, illustration and typography.
In addition to creative practical work, you will also establish links between your own practical work and the broader art world.
Year One will focus on learning the fundamentals of Graphic Design, while Year Two will see you develop and apply these skills. You will be encouraged to develop your own individual style of work, in preparation for studying Art, Design or Media at university level.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will given practical briefs and assignments, take part in workshops on art and design techniques, and art contextual presentations. You will have coursework set in Year One, which will be tracked and assessed on a continual basis. Your coursework will include individual creative projects that promote the development of your own individual style.
In Year Two, you will work on a personal investigation unit, and an externally set unit.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Visits are made to galleries to appreciate the historical development and current trends within the area of art.
What Could I Do Next?
- If you wish to study Art & Design or Media at a higher level, then you can go on to take the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, or continue your studies at university.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/4 or above in an Art and Design or Creative Media GCSE subject preferred.
- Students who have not taken a GCSE in an Art & Design or Creative Media subject may present a portfolio of work to demonstrate passion, commitment and ability at an acceptable level.
- All applicants will be required to present a portfolio of work to a member of our team as part of the interview process.
- You are encouraged to have a general graphics kit, consisting of: a USB, fine line pens, a ruler, scissors and Pritt Stick
- Trips will cost approximately £30 a year, with an additional visit to a city on the continent and/or a residential trip in Year Two.