Drama & Theatre Studies
Level 3, A Level
Duration: Two Year Course
A-Level Drama & Theatre Studies will see you devise, rehearse and perform your own work in created and scripted productions to different audiences.
This course will build your understanding of the different elements of theatre. You will cover the following essential areas:
- Evaluating live productions seen during the course
- Analysis of set texts
- Study of an influential theatre practitioner
- Participation in group performances
- Devising Theatre.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will have the opportunity to engage in practical workshops and perform their own work. You will also explore the theory side of plays and practitioners.
What Could I Do Next?
You may choose to progress to study at degree level, or to a Drama college to train as an Actor. You could even seek employment directly in the Performing Arts sector.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/5 or above in GCSE English Language
- Level 2 Drama or Performing Arts qualification if taken, or you will need to attend an audition as part of the interview process.