3D Design & Architecture
Level 3, A Level
Duration: Two Year Course
An A-Level in 3D Design & Architecture will see you explore a wide range of traditional and contemporary design techniques, from scale drawing to computer-aided design.
You will also look at a number of specialist areas in detail, including: Interior Design, Set Design, Product Design, Architecture and Environmental Design.
3D Design & Architecture is about living in the modern world, understanding materials and how they influence design.
On this course you will cover a broad range of techniques including:
- Model making
- Working creatively with a range of materials and processes
- Working to scale
- Creating floor plans with elevation drawings.
- Drawing and presentation techniques
- Ergonomics and anthropometrics
- Colour theory within design
- Modelling and working with a variety of materials
- Working to scale
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Exploring functional design
- Working to design briefs.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will given practical briefs and assignments, take part in workshops on art and design techniques, and art contextual presentations. You will have coursework set in Year One, which will be tracked and assessed on a continual basis. Your coursework will include individual creative projects that promote the development of your own individual style.
In Year Two, you will work on a personal investigation unit, and an externally set unit.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Trips and visits to galleries to appreciate the historical development and contemporary trends within the area of art.
- Optional visit to a European city and/or a residential trip in Year Two.
What Could I Do Next?
- Progress to the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at Seevic College
- Secure employment in areas such as: Architectural Design, Product Design or Set Design.
- Progress to study a range of Design-related degrees at university.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/4 or above in an Art & Design or Creative Media GCSE subject preferred
- Students who have not taken a GCSE in an Art & Design or Creative Media subject may present a portfolio of work to demonstrate passion, commitment and ability at an acceptable level.
- The approximate cost of materials and equipment is £30 per year
- Trips will cost around £30 a year, with an additional optional visit to a European city and/or a residential trip in Year Two.