Seevic Storm’s Basketball Academy is a Basketball England approved academy in Essex.
We offer you the opportunity to receive proven basketball training and outstanding academic instruction, and are intent on seeing you achieve success both on and off court.
Our Basketball Academy is headed by GB Senior Men's Team Manager and University of Essex Associate Head Coach Ross Norfolk.
The Academy also boasts international support staff. Our Strength and Conditioning Coach, Mark Williams, is the GB Senior Men's S&C Coach and Southend United FC Lead S&C Coach. Seevic Storm compete in the Academy Basketball League. The ABL is an invitation only competition that comprises of 21 teams, split into two conferences.
Why be part of our Basketball Academy?
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (AASE)
- Access to at least 13 hours of practice time per week
- Compete in Essex, regional and national competitions including the AoC Sport Academy League.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of our experienced coaching team headed by England Basketball Development Coach Steve Pearl
- Access to individual training sessions and positional clinics
- Access to video analysis sessions
- Advice and monitoring of nutritional requirements
- Two supervised strength and conditioning sessions each week
- A full College mid-week game program at Elite College level, ensuring one game per week on average.
- Mentoring by coaches of your academic performance
If you are already part of a club National League programme, you’ll return to your club for games at the weekend.
Link with Southend Swifts
Seevic Storm Basketball Academy is linked to the Southend Swifts basketball club. If you aren’t yet affiliated to a club, you’ll have the opportunity to join Swifts and compete for their boys and girls teams in the National League.
Southend Swifts are renowned throughout the country as being one of the leading clubs for player development. The club have sent 17 student athletes to the United States on full academic scholarships, in addition to producing numerous international and regional representatives.
We aim to inspire you to excel academically while also preparing you for a career as a professional basketball player. Currently, most young players move abroad to achieve this. However, we hope that in the long term English basketball will mature sufficiently to allow players to remain in the UK and fulfil their basketball aspirations here.
Find out more
Any aspiring player who wishes to find more should complete the enquiry form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01268 756 111.
Register your interest in Sport at Seevic College