How to calculate your GCSE points
Use the table below to calculate your average GCSE points score for A-Level courses
To study A-Levels you will need ALL of the following:
- An average point score of 5.3 or above, calculated from all of your GCSE subjects
- Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above – including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a 3/D, your Maths must be at least a 4/C and vice versa.
- Additional specific entry requirements may be needed, these can be found on the relevant
course page online.
What do you need to know?
- Applied GCSEs count as two subjects and have double points
- Half GCSEs have half the points value of a full GCSE
- Professional qualifications are not counted when calculating the average GCSE point score.
If you need any help or advice about your points score, particularly if you have done better or less well than you expected, call us on 01268 882 666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Find out more: