Pre-season training looks promising for Seevic Storm
Thursday, 01 September 2016
Seevic storm are preparing for another successful year as they start pre-season training.
The college is already seeing high numbers of students training before the year has even begun.
Head of Seevic Storm, Craig Davidson, said: “The numbers for pre-season have been fantastic. Competing at the highest levels of college sport means it is vitally important that we start our preparations early and hit the ground running in September.
“The quality of the student athletes coming into Seevic Storm Sports Academies has been very impressive and bodes well for another successful year.”
Last year our teams dominated the national competitions in Rugby, Netball, Football and Basketball. And the success is set to continue as our rugby team have won their first pre-season tournament against leading Rugby Colleges Ivy Bridge and Oaklands.
The boys beat Ivy Bridge 19-17 and Oaklands 36-5.
Talking about last year’s success, Craig Davidson added: “Last year was a tremendous year for both teams and individuals as they excelled both regionally and nationally.”
Last year’s success included:
- Rugby - Silver medal at the AoC Sport National Championships Rugby 7’s
- Rugby - Runners up of the AoC Sport Elite League Play-Offs
- Rugby - Currently the AoC Sport East region champions.
- Netball – AoC Sport East region champions
- Women’s Basketball – AoC Sport East regions champions
- Men’s football – Runners-up in category 2 for AoC Sport East region champions
- Men’s Basketball – Essex Cup Champions for a second year in a row.
To find out more about Sport at Seevic visit www.seevic-college.ac.uk/sport. The next college open evening is Tuesday 4 October; pre-book online now .