Level 4-5, HNC / HND
Duration: 2 years (1 year HNC & 1 year HND)
Days & Times: Full-time: 3 days a week
Start Date: September
Fee: £3,500 per year. Eligible for student finance
Become an effective leader and manager in Business, progressing to the final year of a degree programme.
You will study two qualifications, receiving a nationally recognised Higher Education qualification at the end of each year:
- Higher National Certificate (first year)
- Higher National Diploma (second year).
A Higher National Certificate (HNC) and Higher National Diploma (HND) together are roughly equivalent to the first two years of a BA (Hons) degree.
The course is focussed on developing personal and business skills to prepare you for a range of careers and jobs. For example research and applying what you have learnt to form practical solutions to business problems.
On completion of the course you will gain an established and nationally recognised qualification that will equip you for employment in a wide range of business settings. It will successfully prepare you for a career in Financial Services, Marketing, Consultancy, General Business Management or Recruitment.
Course content is driven towards improving your employment, you will study:
- The Business Environment
- Managing Financial Resources
- Advertising & Promotion in Business
- Small Business Enterprise
- Human Resource Management.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
Throughout the two years, you will be taught across a range of core and specialist units. Assessment will take place in a variety of ways e.g. coursework, group or individual presentations, project work or timed assessments.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Smaller class sizes compared to universities
- Access to outstanding 1-1 support from Tutors
- Opportunity to study a university-level qualification close to home
- Save money on course fees, travel and living expenses
- Work experience.
What Could I Do Next?
You will have enhanced attractiveness to employers within the business and finance sectors and
be able to directly enter the third year of a related BA (Hons) Business degree at university (entry on to a degree programme is subject to the admissions criteria of individual universities).
General Entry Requirements
You will need to have achieved one of the following:
- At least two A-Level passes in relevant subjects
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business or a related subject
- Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved FE institution
You will also need 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including English and Maths or Science.
Specific Entry Requirements
In order to progress to the second year HND, you will need to successfully complete the HNC
in the first year.
This Higher Education course is eligible for Student Finance. Contact our Student Advice Team for more information about Student Finance, including how and when to apply. Ring 01268 882 666 or email email@example.com