Diploma in Education and Training
Level 5, Diploma
Duration: 2 years (part-time)
Days & Times: Thursday 3pm - 6.45pm
Start Date: September
Fee: £1,400 per year
This course is aimed at those who work or want to work, as a Teacher in the Further Education and Skills sector.
The course covers:
- Planning to enable inclusive and engaging learning
- Theories and principles which underpin and enable learning
- Assessment principles and practice
- Curriculum development
- Continuing personal development and reflective practice
- Wider professional practice
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
Assessment is portfolio based through varied coursework assignments, essays, group and individual presentations, reflective practice, eight observed teaching sessions and a professional development portfolio.
What Could I Do Next?
Once you have obtained the Diploma you can continue to develop your career in Further Education and Skills sector.
General Entry Requirements
The Level 5 Diploma is an in-service qualification, which requires candidates to be in a practical Teacher role when they join the class. No previous teaching qualifications are required to enrol on this course. There is a minimum requirement to obtain 100 hours of teaching practice over the two-year programme. This teaching must be in a 'full' Teacher role involving teaching and assessing a variety of learners across more than one level. In addition, candidates should also have the following:
- The ability to communicate and analyse at Level 5 in order to complete coursework to an acceptable standard
- A minimum of Level 2 qualifications in both English and Maths or a commitment to achieving these before the end of the programme.