Accounting (AAT) - Adult
Level 4, AAT Diploma
Duration: One Year Course
Days & Times: Wednesday & Thursday, 6.00pm - 9.30pm
Start Date: September
Fee: £1,650* (Eligible for Advanced Learner Loan)
Get the skills you need to become a financial team leader, set up your own practice or enter the second year of a degree programme.
AAT qualifications are held in high regard in the financial sector both at home and abroad. AAT Level 4 covers statements for limited companies and complex management accounting tasks.
You will also have the opportunity to hone your skills with specialist modules related to business tax, external auditing and credit control.
* This course is free for learners aged 16-18. If you are aged 19 or over on 1 September in the academic year during which you wish to start the course, the fee is £1,500.
- Personal Taxation
- Credit Management
- Financial Statements
- Financial Performance.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
Assessment will consist of six computer-based tests which take place after each unit has been completed. You will complete a written project of approximately 4,000 words, where you will analyse an accounting system for an organisation and make recommendations for improvements.
What Could I Do Next?
AAT is a brand that employers trust because its qualifications demonstrate that you have the practical real world skills to be successful within business and finance. Financial management is at the heart of every business, so demand for Accounting and Finance skills is consistently high across all sectors.
On successful completion your options will include:
- Earning straight away in a Business or Finance role
- Studying to become a Chartered Accountant
- Entering the second year of a degree programme at university.
You will also automatically become an AAT Affiliate Member and, if you have relevant work experience, can qualify for a full AAT membership.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of AAT Level 3 Diploma
- At least two years of work experience in a relevant Accountancy role.
All Accounting students are also required to register for AAT membership – contact AAT on 0845 8630 800 for details.
* Course fee does not include the cost of books and AAT Membership.