Physical Activity, Fitness & Exercise Science
Level 3, IQ Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
This two year qualification will provide you with the broad base of knowledge and skills required to work in a variety of customer-facing roles within the active leisure industry.
If you have a strong interest in working in the fitness industry, or access related Higher Education degree programmes, this course is for you. From working as a Fitness Instructor to studying Fitness Training & Coaching, you will no doubt go far with this course.
- Principles of Anatomy
- Physiology & Fitness
- Planning & Instructing Gym-based Exercise
- Principles of Customer Care
- Working in Active Leisure Facilities
- Technology in Sport & Exercise
- Programme Design & Delivery for Personal Training.
- Planning and Delivering a Circuit Training Exercise Session
- Planning and Delivering a Kettlebell Exercise Session.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will be assessed though a variety of methods including practical demonstrations, presentations, case studies, written assignments and external assessments.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Work experience is part of the course giving students the opportunity to gain real-life experience of working in the fitness industry
- Free Gym Membership included
- Highly qualified staff with fitness industry experience.
What Could I Do Next?
Successful achievement of this qualification will provide entry to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3 and allow progress to employment as a Gym Instructor, Personal Trainer, Leisure Assistant or Leisure Duty Manager.
You could also progress on to Higher Education degree programmes in related fields of study e.g. fitness training and coaching, including our BSc (Hons) Sport & Exercise Performance in partnership with Writtle University College.
General Entry Requirements
Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If you achieve English at a grade C/4, your maths grade must be a D/3 and vice versa.
Students will be accepted with Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) at Merit Level and English Language or Maths at Level C/4.
Specific Entry Requirements
Strong interest in working in the fitness industry.
You will need to provide your own fitness clothing/trainers.