Beauty Specialist Techniques
Level 2, VTCT
Duration: 12 Month Course
Location: Beauty Skills Academy, Canvey Campus
Days & Times: 2
Suitable for 16-18 years considering a career as a beauty therapist or make-up artist.
This qualification is the first step into the beauty and make-up industry and provides you with skills and experiences that will enable you to make an informed choice about progression courses and course pathways.
This course is offered by Beauty Skills Academy at Canvey Campus. Please apply through the Beauty Skills Academy website. If you have any questions or would like further information then please call the Academy on 01268 207651.
The following units will be studied alongside Maths and English if necessary:
- Providing facial skincare
- Providing eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Applying make-up
- Health and safety
- Provide manicure treatment
- Provide pedicure treatment
- Provide nail art
- Instruction on make-up application
- Salon reception, client care and communication
Alongside your L2 Diploma you may be eligible to complete the following enrichment activities;
- Introduction to massage, eyelash enhancements and electrical treatments
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
This is an evidence based qualification and your work will be assessed by observation of practical performance, oral questions and multiple-choice assessments.
What Could I Do Next?
You may progress onto one of the L3 Beauty Therapy programmes, L3 Make-up programmes, become an advanced apprentice or enter employment
General Entry Requirements
- Ideally Grade E or above in English and two GCSE Grade D or equivalent and attend an interview
- Commitment to study maths and English if GCSE Grade C has not yet been achieved
- Purchase of a uniform, full kit, text book and resource fee prior to the course starting
- Uniform £30
- Kit £155
- Book £20
- Resources £75