Beauty Specialist Techniques (Fast-Track)
Level 2, VTCT
Duration: 9 Month Course
Location: Beauty Skills Academy, Canvey Campus
Days & Times: 2
Fee: £1,040 + VAT
This fast-track diploma is suitable for those over the age of 19 considering a career as a beauty therapist or make-up artist.
This qualification is the first step into the beauty and make-up industry and provides you with skills and experiences that will enable you seek work in a salon/cosmetic counter or become self-employed. No previous experience is necessary.
This course is offered by Beauty Skills Academy at Canvey Campus. Please apply through the Beauty Skills Academy website. If you have any questions or would like further information then please call the Academy on 01268 207651.
The following units will be studied
- Providing facial skincare
- Providing eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Applying make-up
- Health and safety
- Provide manicure treatment
- Provide pedicure treatment
- Provide nail art
- Instruction on make-up application
- Salon reception, client care and communication
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
This is a ‘job ready’ evidence based qualification and your work will be assessed by observation of practical performance, written assignments and multiple-choice assessments. This is a FASTTRACK programme and will include guided and independent learning. Units are subject to awarding organisation change. Full funding is available for those in receipt of JSA, ESA and income support (please check with your job coach) and for those aged 19-23 without a previous L2 qualification (or equivalent).
What Could I Do Next?
You may progress onto one of the L3 Beauty Therapy programmes and gain employment in a salon/spa or become self-employed therapist.
General Entry Requirements
- Ideally Grade E or above in English
- Purchase of a uniform, kit and text book prior to the course starting
- Interview attendance and initial assessment
- A willingness to attend all sessions, complete home study and practical case studies
Other approximate costs:
- Uniform £30
- Kit £155
- Book £20
- Resources £75