Art, Design & Media
Level 1, UAL Award and Diploma
Duration: One-year Course
Are you intrigued and motivated by art, design and media? This course will offer you opportunities to explore, develop and test your creativity even further.
Using established approaches to your teaching, learning and assessment, this course is perfect if you seek practical study over a more academic study route.
Award in Art, Design & Media
Students must complete two mandatory units.
- Unit 1 Introduction to materials, processes and skills in art, design and media
- Unit 2 Introduction to contextual research in art, design and media.
Diploma in Art, Design & Media
Students must complete Units 1–2 of the Award in addition to Units 3–7.
- Unit 3 Introduction to communication skills in art, design and media
- Unit 4 Solving 2D creative problems
- Unit 5 Solving 3D creative problems
- Unit 6 Solving time-based creative problems
- Unit 7 Art, design and media project.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will work in the Art and Media studios and computer suites to develop your skills. You will complete a range of practical projects which are continually assessed by your tutors, and receive verbal and written feedback allowing you to understand what level you are working at, and what you need to do to improve.
Written work will be required to develop your understanding of the creative processes and to enhance your research skills.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Links with local professional business and enterprises via the college ‘Live Creative’ initiative.
- Trips/visits: To Southend and London Galleries.
- Expert tutor experience and subject knowledge.
What Could I Do Next?
This course will ideally set you up to progress to the Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design or the Level 2 Diploma in Creative Media Production.
General Entry Requirements
GCSE grade E/2 or above in English and Maths.
Specific Entry Requirements
You must present examples of your art, design or media work which demonstrate your enthusiasm for working creatively.
- You will need your own art kit- which will cost in the region of £30.
- You will need to produce at least 3 sketch books per year- costing £4 each.