Level 3, Extended Certificate
Duration: Two Year Course
Extended Certificate Music Technology will see you learn how to use equipment and technical processes to capture sounds.
As a vocational course you will develop an understanding of the music industry and the possible career choices available to you.
During the two year course you will also have the opportunity to participate in workshops with industry producers and session musicians.
- DAW Production
- Sound Recording Techniques
- Music and Sound For Media
- Music Technology In Context
- Live Sound
- Music Technology Project.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
Assessment takes place through coursework and an external examination.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
Dedicated trips, visits and talks with guest lecturers take place throughout the year. Our Tutors also have close links with Kingston University London and a variety of contacts within the music industry.
There will be opportunities to work with industry professionals and to attend performances as well as take part in industry inspired projects throughout the course.
What Could I Do Next?
- This course is widely accepted by universities for entry on to a range of courses.
- It is especially useful if you are considering a career or undergraduate studies in Performing Arts, Sound Engineering or Music Production.
- If you are interested in a career as a Sound Engineer then you might consider taking A-Level Maths and/or Physics alongside this course.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If you achieve English at a Grade C/4, your Maths grade must be a D/3 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade 4/C or above in GCSE Music or a Level 2 equivalent. Keyboard skills would be an advantage and some experience of Logic or Cubase would be beneficial.