Level 3, BTEC Extended Certificate
Duration: Two Year Course
This course will develop your knowledge, understanding and experience of the music industry, and the possible career choices available to you.
Over the two years you will develop and refine your skills as a musician within the areas of performance and composition.
You must be able to competently sing or play your instrument (minimum grade 4) and enjoy performing in front of an audience.
- Ensemble Music Performance Techniques
- Practical Music Theory and Harmony
- Professional Practice in the Music Industry
- Composing Music
- Music Promotion
- Music Performance Session Styles
- Solo Performance
- Music Software Skills
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
Lessons will be taught through a variety of styles including individual practice, group work, practical workshops and theoretical lessons. All units are assignment based, two of which are set and assessed externally.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
There will be opportunities to work with industry professionals and to attend performances as well as take part in public performances throughout the course.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of this course students can progress to university to study a music course.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If you achieve English at a Grade C/4, your Maths grade must be a D/3 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade 5/B or above in GCSE Music or a Level 2 equivalent course, or Grade 5 Theory.
- Pupils will be expected to bring their own instruments and instrument specific equipment to college.
- Pupils may be required to purchase music for their performances as well as essential stationary such as folders, paper, manuscript paper, pens and pencils.
- Pupils may be required to contribute to workshops and trip.