Sport & Exercise Science
Level 3, BTEC Extended Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
This course will see you gain an academic insight into the many and varied disciplines of Sport & Exercise Science.
If you are hardworking and enthusiastic about learning the theoretical side to sport, while using practical elements to consolidate your understanding, this course is ideal for you. If you are interested in a career in the sports industry, or wish to take the qualification on to higher education, Sport & Exercise Science is a good choice.
As a Sports student at Seevic College you will have the opportunity to become a student athlete, combining your academic studies with full-time training in the Seevic Storm Sports Academy.
- Anatomy for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Physiology
- Fitness Testing
- Research Methods
- Research Project.
- Practical Team and Individual Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Sports Nutrition
- Exercise, Health & Lifestyle.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will experience a variety of learning and teaching methods which will fully aid the completion of your assignment work. Assessment is 100% coursework which includes written reports, case studies, presentations and practical demonstrations.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Trips to university taster days – at specialist Sport Science centres
- Staff specialism in both practical and theoretical delivery
- Work experience opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to become a full-time student athlete, combining your vocational studies with training as part of the Seevic Storm competitive sports programme. One of the most successful college sports programmes in the country, we enjoy a strong tradition of competing in the best competitions and leagues, and boast an impressive array of both team and individual national champions. The expertise of our staff also gives our student athletes excellent sports science support, which includes:
- Strength & Conditioning Programmes
- Fitness testing specialists
- Sports Nutrition support.
Seevic Storm includes: Rugby, Football, Netball, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, Badminton, Tennis, Table Tennis, Trampoline, Golf, Swimming and Athletics.
What Could I Do Next?
- Highly Suited to students who wish to progress onto a degree at University in Strength & Conditioning, Teaching, Sport & Exercise Science, Sports Therapy etc
- Employment opportunities in Teaching, Sports Coaching and the Health & Fitness Industry.
Former student success
- Jack Adams: currently training as a Physiotherapist
- Daniel Forster Knight: currently working for Nuffield Health
- Mikki Austin: graduate of Hertfordshire University and current Surrey Storm Super League netball player
- Luke Beard: currently at Hertfordshire University studying Strength & Conditioning.
General Entry Requirements
At least five GCSEs at grade C or above including English or maths OR Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) in a related area at Merit Level.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language. Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths.
- Practical kit and sports equipment
- Course text book.