Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness)
Level 3, BTEC Extended Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
This course is ideal if you are looking for a career as a Sports Coach, P.E. Teacher or any other career within the sports industry.
The BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport is a theoretical course with some practical elements. It will give you an academic insight into the many areas of sporting study.
As a sports student at Seevic College you will have the opportunity to become a student athlete, combining your academic studies with full-time training in the Seevic Storm Sports Academy.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Development
- Fitness Testing
- Practical Team
- Practical Individual.
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Talent Identification and Development
Please note units are subject to change.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will be taught both in the classroom and in our practical facilities, in order to develop both your theoretical knowledge and your application of this to sport. You will be assessed in a variety of ways including coursework, presentations and formal observation. The ability to meet deadlines will be crucial to your success. You will also complete some valuable work experience as part of the course.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
You will have the opportunity to become a full-time student athlete, combining your vocational studies with training as part of the Seevic Storm competitive sports programme. One of the most successful college sports programmes in the country, we enjoy a strong tradition of competing in the best competitions and leagues, and can boast an impressive array of both team and individual national champions.
The expertise of our staff also gives our student athletes excellent sports science support, which includes:
- Strength & Conditioning Programmes
- Fitness testing specialists
- Sports Nutrition support.
Seevic Storm includes: Rugby, Football, Netball, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, Badminton, Tennis, Table Tennis, Trampoline, Golf, Swimming and Athletics.
What Could I Do Next?
- You could progress to a degree programme at university.
- Possible degrees you could consider include: Teaching, Sport & Exercise Science, and Sports Coaching.
- Employment opportunities might include Sports Coaching and the Health & Fitness Industry.
Former student success
- Charlie Felton accepted a place at the University of Brighton studying Physical Education with Qualified Teacher Status.
General Entry Requirements
At least five GCSEs at grade C or above including English or maths OR Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) in a related area at Merit Level.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language. Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths or Science would also be an advantage.
- Practical kit and sports equipment
- Course text book.