Public Services (Uniformed)
Level 3, BTEC Extended Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
Would you like to work in areas like the Armed Forces, Police Service, Ambulance Services, Fire Services, Prison & Security Services or Voluntary Organisations?
This course is ideal if you want to learn the skills and knowledge needed to understand employment within the public services industry.
It will provide you with the expertise required to gain employment in a wide range of public services. Alternatively, you will be able to continue your studies at university level. You will need to have a strong interest in a variety of services.
- Government, Policies & Public Services
- Leadership & Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship and Diversity & the Public Services
- Behaviour in the Public Sector Employment
- Understand the Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism on Public Services
- Skills for Land Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Services
- Fitness Testing and Training.
Additional Units include:
- Practical Team Sports
- Exercise, Health & Lifestyle
- Volunteering in the Public Services
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
- Practical Assessments
- Theoretical Assessments including – assignments & presentations
- Lessons will be on and off site with both theoretical and practical elements.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Compulsory trips and visits on this course are an integral and exciting part
- Links to employability within the public services
- Opportunity to access Higher Education.
What Could I Do Next?
- After completing the course you can apply for employment in the Public Services e.g. the Fire Service, Police, Armed Forces and related civilian occupations.
- You may also progress onto a Higher Education course.
General Entry Requirements
At least five GCSEs at grade C or above including English or maths OR Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) in a related area at Merit Level.
You will also need to commit to an additional 12-15 hours of study per week.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths and English Language.
- Practical kit
- Course textbook
- Compulsory trips and visits
- Weekly 'smart attire' day.