Level 3, VTCT
Duration: Two Year Course
Location: Beauty Skills Academy, Canvey Campus
Suitable for 16-18 years who have achieved Level 2 Beauty Therapy and are considering a career as a beauty therapist in a salon, spa, cruise ship or aesthetics clinic.
This course is offered by Beauty Skills Academy at Canvey Campus. Please apply through the Beauty Skills Academy website. If you have any questions or would like further information then please call the Academy on 01268 207651.
This is a new qualification and units will be confirmed. The following units are likely to studied, alongside Maths and English if necessary:
- Body & skin analysis
- Body electrical treatments
- Electrical science
- Anatomy & physiology
- Health & safety
- Stone therapy
- Facial electrical treatments
- Promote and sell products and services
- Pre-blended aromatherapy
- Swedish massage & mechanical massage
Alongside your Level 3 Diploma you may be eligible to complete the following enrichment activities: gel polish application, eyelash extensions and spray tans.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
This is an evidence based qualification and your work will be assessed by observation of practical performance, written assignments and multiple-choice assessments.
What Could I Do Next?
You may progress onto one of the L4 programmes, attend university or enter employment.
General Entry Requirements
- Ideally Grade E or above in English and two GCSE Grade D or equivalent (BTEC)
- Commitment to study Maths and English if GCSE Grade C has not yet been achieved
- Purchase of a uniform, full kit and text book prior to the course starting
- A Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification and interview attendance.
Approximate course costs:
- Uniform £30
- Kit £155
- Book £20
- Resources £75.