Children's Play, Learning & Development
Level 2, CACHE Certificate
Duration: One-year Course
If you want a career working with children, this could be the course for you.
You will study a range of units relating to children. You will also take part in work experience in a variety of childcare settings.
On successful completion of the course you will be ready to progress to a Level 3 course at Seevic College or gain employment within a childcare setting as a Support Team Member. There are also a number of exciting Apprenticeship opportunities available.
- The Principals of Early Years Practice
- Promoting Children's Development through Play
- Promoting Children's Positive Behaviour
- Patters of Child Development
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
- The majority of units are assessed through assignments, there are two exams containing multiple choice questions, short scenario-based questions and an extended writing question.
- All courses are both theoretically and practically taught. Classroom time typically equates to three full days per week, whilst placement may be one or two days per week. This enables application of knowledge gained through the theoretical lessons to a real life working environment.
- We try to create work-typical environments within the class room. This includes a new outdoor play area we have set up that enables us to re-create ‘real life’ scenarios for the students to learn from practically.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Trips including Christmas Pantomime, Chessington World of Adventures and The Education Show.
- Well-established links with placement settings in Hockley, Rochford, Wickford, Hullbridge, Rayleigh, Basildon, Southend, Canvey Island, and Benfleet. We also coordinate with local charities.
- Many of our Tutors have decades of Early Years teaching experience. All have experience of working within Childcare settings and some have run their own settings.
What Could I Do Next?
After successful completion your qualification you will have the option to:
- Progress on to a Level 3 course at Seevic College such as Childcare & Education or Health & Social Care.
- Gain employment within a childcare setting as a Support Team Member.
- Gain employment within the childcare sector through an Apprenticeship in an Early Years setting such as a Nursery.
General Entry Requirements
At least four GCSEs at Grade C/4 or D/3 (with at least one Grade C/4) English or Maths must be at a Grade D/3.
Specific Entry Requirements
Grade D/3 in English and Maths. A satisfactory DBS check will be required.
- Placement t-shirt (optional) £12
- DBS application
- Travel costs to and from placement