Business & Finance
Level 3, BTEC & IFS Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
Enjoy the benefits of studying a dynamic, combined programme that looks into the modern Business environment and Financial Services markets.
The combined elements of both Business and Finance will be particularly useful if you are looking to work in a Financial Service setting. This course is a mixture of two separate qualifications:
- The Business element consists of a BTEC Extended Diploma in Business, equivalent to approximately three A-Levels
- The finance element consists of a Diploma in Financial Studies from the Institute of Financial Services (IFS), which is equivalent to approximately one A-Level.
You will be introduced to all aspects of financial products and services, studying how customers and service providers make decisions. You will also develop the knowledge and skills needed to manage your own finances.
- Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Business Communications.
- Internet Marketing
- Business Accounting
- Managing a Business Event
- Business Ethics
- Managing Teams.
The IFS Diploma in Financial Studies contains four units over two years. In Year One you’ll concentrate on personal financial capability, and successful completion leads to an award of the Certificate in Financial Studies. In Year Two you’ll apply the skills and knowledge learned in Year One to a wider examination of the Financial Services industry.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
- You will be assessed through a series of internally set assignments. A range of coursework projects, where you will be expected to work individually or within a team, will be undertaken. Assessed projects will involve practical investigations, presentations, case studies and team-based tasks.
- The IFS qualification is assessed by external exams: a multiple-choice online exam and a written exam, twice a year (in February and May).
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- The course will embody the true spirit of business and enterprise and will challenge students at all levels.
- There will be a number of engaging course trips where students can observe and see businesses working in an organic business and financial services environment.
- There will be a number of selected guest speakers from industry sharing their experience and real life work knowledge.
What Could I Do Next?
- You could progress to a number of Business related degree programmes, typically in areas like: banking, financial services, marketing, events management, accounting, Business management or law.
- Many students prefer to progress directly to full-time employment in key industries, such as: banking and financial services, marketing, retail management, office administration and public services.
Former student success
- Former students have gained a great deal of success both at university and in the job market; their careers paths have included: Banking, Mortgage Brokering, Branch Management and Accounting – working both in the UK and abroad.
General Entry Requirements
Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If you achieve English at a grade C/4, your Maths grade must be a D/3 and vice versa.
Students will be accepted with Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) at Merit Level and English Language or Maths at Level C/4.