Level 3, BTEC Extended Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
This is an exciting and dynamic business course led by a professional team of dedicated business professionals.
You will study a programme that looks into the modern business environment, helping you develop a strong set of vocational business skills that will prepare you for entry in to the changing and exhilarating business world. The course could also lead into a wide range of professional and higher education opportunities.
You will study key business topics and disciplines including: business resources, marketing, accounting, business ethics and organising a business event. In your second year you will be given the option of two different pathways: entrepreneurship, which will allow you to actually start your own business in College, or a marketing and retail pathway.
- Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Business Communications.
- Internet Marketing
- Starting a Small Business
- Business Accounting
- Managing a Business Event
- Business Ethics
- Managing Teams
- Fashion Retailing
- Visual merchandising.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You’ll learn theoretical Business concepts and principles within a vocational setting; working independently or within a team on coursework projects to ensure your success. All units are assessed by a range of set projects involving practical investigations, presentations, case studies and team-based tasks. Some class activities may be within time-constrained conditions.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- The course will embellish the true spirit of business and enterprise and will challenge students at all levels.
- There will be a number of engaging course trips where students can observe and see businesses working in an organic fashion.
- There will be a number of selected guest speakers from industry sharing their experience and real life work knowledge.
What Could I Do Next?
- You could progress to a number of Business related degree programmes, including: banking, financial services, marketing, events management, accounting, Business management or law.
- Many students also progress directly to full-time employment in key industries, such as: banking and financial services, marketing, retail management, office administration and public services.
Former students have gone on to a wide variety of degree pathways and careers in Banking, Mortgage Brokering, Retail Management, Event Organisation and Marketing.
General Entry Requirements
Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If you achieve English at a grade C/4, your Maths grade must be a D/3 and vice versa.
Students will be accepted with Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) at Merit Level and English Language or Maths at Level C/4.