Level 3, UAL Extended Diploma
Duration: Two Year Course
Produce a professional-standard portfolio and develop your own specialism during this creative two-year course.
The programme includes extensive photography, in depth Photoshop editing and a vast range of darkroom wet processes and techniques.
You will also gain a unique insight into specialist areas like: digital animation, fine art installation, self-published books and the compiling of stylish independent imagery. Photography is a cutting-edge discipline with many employment opportunities in the advertising, publishing, print and new media industries. To be successful, you will need be well organised, highly motivated and proactive.
- Explore materials, techniques and processes safely
- How ideas and concepts inform art and design work
- Key developments and influences in art, craft and design
- Photographic media, techniques and technology
- Specialist studio photographic techniques
- Capturing digital imagery
- Characteristics of location photography
- Image manipulation techniques
- Narrative imagery.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
The course will include a number of educational visits to exhibitions, professional studios, photographic agencies and relevant locations for thematic study. All students will have the opportunity to show their work in Seevic College’s annual Creative Arts show. The opportunity to develop a professional portfolio fit for employment. Work based learning and live briefs form an integral part of this course.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Present your work through two exhibitions per year, both internally and externally, giving your work industry exposure.
- Establish industrial links with expert visiting lecturers and professionals.
- Curriculum delivered by a variety of experienced professional artists and designers.
What Could I Do Next?
This course is the ideal route into a wide range of Art & Design-related degrees or to the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design. Students, who wish to enter employment directly, could work in a design related industry.
General Entry Requirements
At least five GCSEs at grade C or above including English or maths OR Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) in a related area at Merit Level.
Specific Entry Requirements
You will be required to present a portfolio of artwork as part of the interview process.