Level 2, UAL Diploma
Duration: One Year Course
Do you have a keen interest in the performing arts? This course will build on your existing knowledge and experience.
You will develop a range of performing skills and techniques plus the personal qualities and attitudes needed to work successfully within the performing arts industry. This one-year course is made up of seven units and will focus on:
- Working in the Performing Arts
- Professional Development in the Performing Arts
- Performing Arts Production Process
- Acting Skills and Techniques
- The Development of Dance
- Musical Theatre Performance
- Physical Theatre Performance.
How Will I Be Taught and Assessed?
You will be given opportunities to develop a wide range of skills, which relate to a range of areas within the performing arts industry. These skills are assessed through a range of practical and theoretical assignments designed to meet the objectives of the course.
You will be taught through practical workshops and discussions. Assessment is mainly based on practical exploration but there’s an element of theory in each of the units; coursework assignments and major projects will be externally assessed.
Why Should I Choose Seevic College?
- Excellent performing arts facilities including 200 seat Theatre plus modern, spacious drama and dance studios.
- Additional opportunities for building your performance skills through the Seevic Youth Theatre: an extra-curricular activity open to students from across the College, committed to producing quality performances.
- A range of trips are organised, in order for you to develop your understanding of the performing arts.
What Could I Do Next?
Successful completion of this one-year course will be recognised with a Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Performing Arts. You will then be able to progress to a range of further study options at Level 3 or it will provide you with a stepping-stone into employment where previous experience is necessary.
General Entry Requirements
At least four GCSEs at grade C or D (with at least one grade C).
English or maths must be at a grade D.
Specific Entry Requirements
You will need to attend an audition as part of the interview process.
- Performance outfit – black t-shirt, leggings and plimsolls
- You will also be expected to attend relevant performances.