Access to Higher Education at Seevic College
The Access to Higher Education (HE) Diploma is a qualification that prepares adults to study at university level.
The course is designed for people who have been out of education for some time or for those who left school without the qualifications needed to go straight to university.
It provides you with a good foundation and the skills needed for studying at university level, so you can be confident and well prepared when you go on to study a degree.
It is widely recognised by UK universities, and many actively encourage applications from Access to HE students. More than 20,000 Access to HE students apply for a degree each year and go on to study a wide range of subjects.
Why study at Seevic?
- Variety - choose from six pathways, as well as a Pre-Access course to help you develop the skills needed to prepare you for your Access to HE course
- Flexibility - our Access to HE courses can be studied over one year (three to four days a week) or part-time over two-years (one to two days a week)
- Support - we recognise that returning to education can be hard so we are here to help, whether that's financial support, careers advice and guidance or wellbeing support.
- Study for FREE!* - you could be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan which will be written off by the Government once you've finished your Higher Education qualification
- Highly recommended - 100% of our Access to HE students would recommend us**
- Success - 91% of our Access to HE students secure a place at university!
Access to HE pathways at Seevic
Advanced Learner Loan
If you plan to study the Access to HE Diploma you may be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund the cost of your study, £2,995.
Applying is easy, your household income won’t be taken into account and you won’t have to pay anything back until you earn over £21,000 per year. The best part of it all is that you could get all of your loan paid back to you!
Eligible Access to HE students who go on to complete a Higher Education qualification, such as a degree, will have their loan for the Access course completely written off by the Government. Therefore, you could effectively study an Access Diploma for free if you reach your end destination!
Find out more.
How successful are our Access to HE students?
Dr Marianne Wells, Programme Leader for English Literature at the University of East London recently visited and said "I was very impressed with what is obviously a well-designed and well-delivered course…I have no doubt that the students will flourish on their chosen courses - they are certainly well prepared for university!"
Last year our students went on to study:
- Archaeology at Reading University
- Criminology at Anglia Ruskin University
- English at Exeter University
- Education Studies at the University of Wolverhampton
- History at Birkbeck, University of London
- International Relations, SOAS University of London
- Midwifery at Anglia Ruskin University and Middlesex University, London
- Nursing at the University of Essex and Anglia Ruskin University
- Occupational Therapy at Canterbury Christ Church University
- Primary Education, Canterbury Christ Church University
- Social Work at the University of Brighton and the University of Essex.
+91% of our Access to HE students, who applied to university in 2016 secured a place.
* You can study for free if you are eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan and go on to complete a Higher Education qualification, your loan will be written off by the Government.
**Data collected in 2016.