Access to Higher Education at Seevic College
The Access to Higher Education (HE) Diploma is a qualification that prepares adults to study at university level.
The course is designed for people who have been out of education for some time or for those who left school without the qualifications needed to go straight to university.
It provides you with a good foundation and the skills needed for studying at university level, so you can be confident and well prepared when you go on to study a degree.
It is widely recognised by UK universities, and many actively encourage applications from Access to HE students. More than 20,000 Access to HE students apply for a degree each year and go on to study a wide range of subjects.
Why study at Seevic?
- Variety - choose from six pathways, as well as a Pre-Access course to help you develop the skills needed to prepare you for your Access to HE course
- Flexibility - our Access to HE courses can be studied over one year (three to four days a week) or part-time over two-years (one to two days a week)
- Support - we recognise that returning to education can be hard so we are here to help, whether that's financial support, careers advice and guidance or wellbeing support.
- Study for FREE!* - you could be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan which will be written off by the Government once you've finished your Higher Education qualification.
Access to HE pathways at Seevic
Advanced Learner Loan
If you plan to study the Access to HE Diploma you may be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund the cost of your study, £2,995.
Applying is easy, your household income won’t be taken into account and you won’t have to pay anything back until you earn over £21,000 per year. The best part of it all is that you could get all of your loan paid back to you!
Eligible Access to HE students who go on to complete a Higher Education qualification, such as a degree, will have their loan for the Access course completely written off by the Government. Therefore, you could effectively study an Access Diploma for free if you reach your end destination!
*Find out more.
How successful are our Access to HE students?
Each year around 20,000 Access students apply for a degree course at a UK university. The most popular universities for our Access to HE students last year include:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Exeter University
- University of Brighton
- University of Essex
- Canterbury Christ Church University.
Last year our students went on to study degrees in the following subjects:
- Criminology and Law
- Education Studies and Primary Education (with QTS)
- Nursing, Midwifery and Occupational Therapy
- Social Work.